Inspire students to work harder and aim higher, and invigorate teachers with new ways to truly personalize learning. Our print and digital curriculum products engage and challenge students, and were developed specifically with college and career readiness in mind.
With a fundamentally different approach to teaching, CKLA™ CA carefully sequences background knowledge with the foundational skills needed for students to thrive.
- Teacher Guides in the Knowledge Strand (grades K-2) include carefully sequenced read-alouds with rich content and support for robust, text-based discussion.
- Decodable readers include appealing texts that build in complexity.
- Teacher Guides in the Skills Strand (grades K-2) and the integrated units (grades 3-5) provide step-by-step lessons for developing critical language arts skills with integrated ELD and Universal Access support for the full range of learners.
- Language Studio for designated ELD instruction corresponds to primary instruction for access to core content with complementary approaches.
- A range of formal and informal assessments provide clear instructional paths and tie directly to lessons.
- A Digital Planning Guide provides step-by-step lesson plans and online materials, including additional support in differentiated instruction.
- Quests combine close reading, writing, speaking and listening in a digital environment the teacher controls to engage students in adventure-based learning projects.
- Assessment, remediation and supplemental guides reinforce development of foundational reading skills and enhance comprehension for struggling students.
- Teacher ancillaries provide grade-level materials and activities to reinforce learning through projectable media files, letter, spelling and image card sets, code sheets, flip books and more.