Our software platform Balance helps K-12 administrators budget, manage, and evaluate spending.
Balance Budget: Plan and implement your district's budget in a collaborative online environment
- See allocations in an online collaborative space across departments or cost-centers, free of duplicate copies or broken formulas. Trust that you’re always working with the latest version of your budget - anytime, anywhere.
- Budget managers can build their staffing plans with confidence because salaries and benefits are calculated correctly with the right account codes based on FTE and positions
- Finance Directors can keep tabs on the budgeting process across the district with summarized data on FTE count and total allocated and planned dollars. Gain early insights on potential hiring needs or offer help to administrators who need extra support.
Balance Manage: View, track, and monitor spending in real time
- Parse and filter financial data to analyze spending by year, fund, category, and program – or any other segment from your district’s chart of accounts.
- Easily search and track purchases by vendor, description, date, or other transaction-level information.
- Keep tabs on a particular grant, object code, or another expenditure with our Bookmarks feature. Log in and share bookmarks with other members of your team.
Balance Evaluate: Examine effectiveness, efficiency, and equity of spending pratices
- Analyze relationships between non-financial outcomes and your investments and allocations.
- Analyze actual spending by location, student characteristics, academic performance, and other factors to better understand whether resource allocation processes are supporting fiscal equity.
- Review tailored, regularly updated public profiles for each school to better understand budgets and spending patterns at the school-level and in comparison to district averages.
This list is compiled annually through our web surveys, internet research, and phone interviews with California school districts.
School Districts in California that use Allovue*
|Westmorland Union Elementary|
Balance was designed from the ground up to ensure accurate, timely data is available to our partners faster and with less effort than any past technology integrations they've experienced. Allovue staff spend between 1 and 2 weeks developing queries, applying appropriate business rules, and building configurations to ensure our partner's chart of accounts is accurately reflected in Balance, that all account balances match existing district reporting methods, and that the transaction journal contains the most useful information for those partners (e.g. invoice numbers or vendor names as available). Within 30-60 days of beginning your implementation, your district will be ready to launch with Balance. Allovue is able to integrate with all finance and other data systems.