Spotlight's College and Career Readiness Guide shows students where they may be headed after graduating, but also lays out the possibilities -- where they could be headed after implementing targeted remediations -- and the specific actions they should take to reach that higher potential.
- An overview of the report
- A California map, showing colleges where the student is on track to gain admission, and that the student may be able to attain with improvements to grades or test scores
- Personalized course-by-course tracking against the district's graduation and California's A-G requirements, as well as specific alerts when a student is not on track to meet these requirements
- A table describing locally available positions and wages for career areas that the student has indicated are of interest, as well as nearby colleges with certificate and degree programs that are relevant to those career areas
- Specific action steps, driven by a student's data, that are intended to help them raise their post-graduation trajectory. These action steps can be district- or even school-based, such as tutoring programs that may prove particularly relevant for the individual student.
School Districts in California that use Spotlight*
|Long Beach Unified|
|Saddleback Valley Unified|
* This is a partial list generated through our annual technology systems survey, internet searches, and other methods.
Also, districts constantly change enterprise systems in an never ending quest to find the 'best' of the best. So expect these results to change over time.
If your district currently uses this system but doesn't appear on this list, please let us know by updating your district's info on our annual systems survey: