Each student’s path is unique. How can your school or district help all students reach their unique goals by connecting their passion to their future? Naviance allows students to create a personalized plan that helps them make the right decisions throughout their academic journey.
Connecting students' interests to their potential career paths early ensures active participation in their own academic success and opens their eyes to the wide world of career opportunities. The career planning tools in Naviance allow students to understand how their strengths, goals, skills, and interests can lead to exciting careers.
Early academic planning is critical to helping students achieve long-term success by aligning their interests with their chosen path. Naviance keeps students focused on their objectives by helping students, families, and staff create course plans that not only match students’ interests but also fulfill graduation requirements and align to postsecondary goals.
Students build confidence by trying new things, pursuing what they love, and learning from their missteps in a safe environment. Naviance is that safe place—by helping students focus on what’s strong, reflect on their interests and strengths, and explore a wide-variety of career options.
Naviance Succeed and Family Connection provide a personalized approach to course, college, and career planning. Specialized resources are provided to students, parents/guardians, school counselors, teachers, and administrators to improve communication and collaboration for student success.
You can use this tool for a variety of things such as:
- College searches: Look up colleges by name or search for colleges based on selected criteria. You can compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past. You can use Naviance to maintain a list of colleges that you're considering. That list is also available to your counselor.
- Explore majors/careers: Explore different careers you are interested in learning more about. If you are undecided you have the opportunity to take personality quizzes to see where your interests and strengths lie in regard to possible career and majors.
- Scholarship searches: Staff maintains a list of available scholarships. Apply and keep track of your search all in one location.
- Create a resume: Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- View upcoming college visits. Find out which colleges are visiting our school and in some cases sign up to attend those sessions.
- View important messages from the school: Reminders of what you should have accomplished in your college search, new scholarships and other information from your Counseling Center.
- Complete personality and career interest inventories
- Complete surveys
School Districts in California that use Naviance*
* This is a partial list generated through our annual technology systems survey, internet searches, and other methods.
Also, districts constantly change enterprise systems in an never ending quest to find the 'best' of the best. So expect these results to change over time.
If your district currently uses this system but doesn't appear on this list, please let us know by updating your district's info on our annual systems survey: