Positive discipline can be a lot more work for the teacher than quick and easy punishment. The solution: better tools and better focused attention. The 3-tier framework simplifies the task by grouping students according to the behavior attention they need.
Carrots and sticks: more effective than either alone
- Create clear behavior policies and enforce them fairly and consistently.
- Positive behavior supports help build student behavior skills.
- Non-punitive consequence options make behavior incidents learning
- Support for classroom management skill-building helps new teachers
build skills based on daily classroom experience.
- Routine incidents (e.g., tardies) can trigger automatic consequences.
- Follow through on assigned consequences. No one slips through the
- Automatically generate rolls for detention, ISS, OSS and other
- Flag unfulfilled consequences and easily assign escalated consequences.
- Notify teachers of needed assignments when students are removed
- Automatically generate detailed behavior histories, available the instant they are needed through the portal or whenever a parent calls or visits.
- Parents receive automatic email notifications.
- Check In/Check Out involves parents in daily student behavior
Easy for principals
- Organize behavior information for easy tracking and retrieval.
- Give principals more time to be visible.
- Web-based application available from anywhere at any time.
- Get parents on your side with notifications and detailed histories.
- Keep parents, staff and students informed.
Easy for teachers
- Can be used for both positive and traditional behavior management.
- Positive behavior tools minimize burden on teachers.
- Keep teachers informed: can check status of assigned consequences and
are notified when status changes
This list is compiled annually through our web surveys, internet research, and phone interviews with California school districts.
School Districts in California that use EdClick*Currently there is no data in the system