Stay calm and disperse the crowd, if necessary. Remain with the injured person to provide comfort and reassurance. If a criminal act has caused injuries, identify and detain witnesses. Secure the scene.
If the injury is serious or life threatening, dial 911 and be prepared to:
- State the nature of the emergency.
- State your name and a phone number at your location.
- State the building address and room number or area of the building.
- Remain on the phone until told to hang up.
- Ask someone to meet emergency officials at the street.
If the injury is not serious or life threatening:
- Locate a CPR or First Aid certified person to assist.
- Administer first aid, if indicated.
- Avoid handling bodily fluids or clothing stained by them.
- If simple first aid is not enough, transport the person to the nearest medical center as listed at the back of these quick reference emergency procedures.
- Request that Human Resources notify the person’s emergency contact of any decision to transport for medical care.