CAASPP Updates for January 9th, 2017
The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) systems are back online. The following features are now available in the test delivery system and the Test Operations Management System (TOMS):
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments Now Available
- The Smarter Balanced Summative assessments are now available for administration within your local educational agency’s (LEA’s) selected testing window. The interim assessments also can be administered at this time.
- California Alternate Assessment (CAA) Practice and Training Tests Now Available
- New practice tests for the CAA are available for each grade level and content area (14 tests)
- The CAA training tests for English language arts/literacy and mathematics have been updated with new item types.
- Logon Web Page for CAASPP System Access Updated to Include English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) Users
- The logon Web page that provides access to CAASPP systems has been updated to include ELPAC users. Note the following about this update:
- Users with CAASPP system access cannot access the ELPAC version of TOMS unless they have been assigned that access, and vice versa.
- User credentials—username and password—will be the same for users who have been granted access on behalf of both testing programs.
- CAASPP users still access the appropriate systems via the buttons and links on http://www.caaspp.org/ .
- System e-mails with information for users about usernames and passwords will now include a sender address of . To ensure users receive these e-mails, please ask your technical staff to white-list this new e-mail address.
- CAASPP Assessment Color Coding
- The Test Administrator Interface now includes additional color coding intended to help LEAs visually confirm that the appropriate assessment is selected for student testing. Additional information about color coding is available in the CAASPP Online Test Administration Manual .
- Audio and Video Check Prior to Student Testing
- A short sample video has been added to the audio check in the student testing interface. If a student does not hear the audio chime and/or see the video animation, he or she will be presented with an opportunity to test these features work prior to administering the assessments. The updated check is available for the summative, interim, practice, and training tests.
- New Online Calculator
- The Desmos Calculator has replaced the previous online calculator in the test delivery system. To learn more about the benefits of the Demos Calculator and how it differs from the previous online calculator, view the New Online Calculator for the CAASPP System PowerPoint presentation.