Assessment Spotlight for July 31, 2019
Focusing on the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) System and English Language Proficiency Assessments of California (ELPAC)—and including, when timely, updates on California's other statewide assessments.
Accessing Individual Student Score Reports in TOMS
Local educational agency (LEA) CAASPP and ELPAC coordinators can access, print, or save an individual 2018–19 Student Score Report (SSR) through the Test Operations Management System (TOMS). To download an individual SSR:
- Log on to TOMS.
- Search for an individual student.
- Select the magnifying glass icon in the Actions column.
- Select the Reporting tab on the Student Profile page.
- Select the link to the SSR PDF, which will appear at the bottom of the page if the student's SSR is available.
Note that the individual SSRs for the 2018–19 administration year will be available in TOMS only until September 1, which is when the system will roll over to the 2019–20 test administration year. After September 1, LEAs needing to download SSRs for 2018–19 can use the bulk download option, under the Reports tab.
California Alternate Assessment for Science Preliminary Indicator Communication Toolkit Web Page—Just Updated!
For the 2018–19 California Alternate Assessment (CAA) for Science field test results, California will again report preliminary indicators, which consist of a percent correct score and an indicator category description. In preparation for this release, we have updated our Preliminary Indicator Communication Toolkit web page. On this web page, you will find a link to the CAA for Science Key Messages, which was developed to help LEAs and school sites communicate about the preliminary indicators. Also included on the CAA for Science Preliminary Indicator Communication Toolkit web page are links to:
- Helpful timelines about the reporting of the science assessment results and the transitioning of the science assessments to operational status.
- Letter templates in English and Spanish to assist LEAs in communicating to parents/guardians information regarding individual student scores.
- Frequently asked questions about the science assessments.
Be sure to visit the updated web page to learn more about the preliminary indicators for the 2018–19 CAA for Science field test and prepare for the release of the results.